In case you haven’t noticed, I love banners! I try to have one in almost every kit I make! They’re a fun layering element that we can attach all kinds of shapes on! Check out some interesting ways my creative team have used banners!
1. Use to frame a photo! the most common way of using a banner is to drape it in front of the photo. Makes for a great accent and focus on the photo!
Layout by Lisa using Open Wide
Layout by Wendy using Yo Ho!
2. Use it to draw the eye across the layout. I love it when banners go off the page on both sides. It really pulls the eye across the page.
Layout by Katya using My Big Day
Layout by Meagan using Bliss
3. Don’t be afraid to play around with the orientation! My creative team isn’t afraid to turn the banner on it’s side or completely upside down for a fresh take!
Layout by Martina using Open Wide
Layout by Katya using Bucket List
Layout by Kari using Something Borrowed, Something Blue
4. Use the banner as a title or word art. Banners are fun when you can write letters on them or make them part of the title of your layout!
Layout by Jenn using Under the Big Top– banner came with “Circus” on it
Layout by Lindsay using My Big Day– banner came with “Happy Birthday” written on it
5. Get creative as to what counts as a “banner”. Charms and ropes can be banners too. Doilies, hearts, beads, etc. Get creative with your banners!
Layout by Christelle using Set Sail
6. Use the banners as a border. Double up the banner to make it reach across the whole page or as page corners!
Layout by Jenn using Easter Morning
Layout by Dana using Americana Pride
I hope you got some inspiration of some different ways you could use banners! Happy Scrapping!